Summer Session 2016 Cohort
Enrollment for Part One is now Closed. Interested in Part Two beginning in September? Check out the Details here and reach out.
Have you ever noticed the yoga practice elicits or surfaces emotions and stories?
Are you curious about how shock and trauma is stored in the body?
Do you feel like you need to know how to support your students when their emotions pour through them in class?
Do you want to understand how to teach a "Psychologically Sound" class for all?
Are you ready to work with your own emotions using your body as tool for support?
Are you willing to add a layer of depth to your teaching, making you a safe space for all?
If you answered YES to any or all of these, this course is for you.
It is said that in our modern age "we are all in shock". Yoga studio waivers do not take full histories of peoples life experiences. Meaning, we do not always know who and with what trauma story someone might walk into our class. Rather than being afraid, we can simply take this as opportunity to educate ourselves as teachers. We can build classes and teach in a "Psychologically Sound" way so that our class is for everyone, regardless of story. We can also continue to work through our own patterns and build new connections within our psyches and bodies to such a degree that our very presence in the classroom is a healing itself.
This webinar teaches the essentials of somatic (body-based) resourcing, cutting edge understanding of shock and trauma, why yoga is a natural tool for moving out of shock and into embodiment, and so much more...
What You Get:
- A high level, high integrity, honest learning environment.
- Recordings of every lecture to watch at your own time and pace.
- Lecture downloads in audio and video to keep.
- A manual in the form of printable files for your own library to return to again and again.
- Homework assignments to support your learning and practice your new skills.
- Video tutorials
- Video and audio asana practices.
- An online group of incredible support and like minded devoted teachers.
- One Somatic Mentoring Session with Livia to explore your own story and specific teaching issues.
BASIC CURRICULUM OUTLINE:
(subject to change depending on the needs of the group)
- Class 1 Essentials to understanding Shock, Trauma, Resourcing and Integration from yogic and somatic psychology perspectives.
- Class 2 Basic Terminology: shock, trauma, activation, regulation, integration, somatic regulation, somatic integration, titration, distress tolerance, emotional disregulation
- Class 3 Neuroscience of Shock and Trauma: The Limbic System
- Class 4 Neuroscience of Shock and Trauma: Memory and the inextricable link between motion and emotion.
- Class 5 The Nervous System and Polyvagal Theory
- Class 6 Resourcing: Somatic, Internal, External.
- Class 7 and 8 Self Regulation and Somatic Integration: how to manage our own tendencies and unwind our patterns.
THE NITTY-GRITTY DETAILS:
Meetings 75-90 minutes. 1-2:15 MT
Thursdays June-September (8 Sessions)
Lecture Meetings: June 9, 16, 23, July 14, 21, 28 August 25, September 1)
Live attendance is not required (though recommended). All lecture sessions are recorded and downloadable.